I’ve just been off work for a week on much needed annual leave. I’ve had a great week off, the weather has been warm, but with intermittent sun and showers. Here’s a list of things I’ve done:
- Had plenty of rest and relaxation – including some naps here and there.
- Finished reading Carrie by Stephen King and reviewed it.
- Attended Wigan Pride (gay pride event), organised by BYOU+. It was a great event which included: a parade led by the legendary Sir Ian Mckellen (better known to some as Gandalf or X-Men’s Magneto), a stage with local performers performing (also opened by Mckellen) and a marketplace of information stalls. BYOU+ and the residence of Wigan did Wigan proud and it is an event that I shall look forward to attending again in the future. Here are some photos from the day:
- Caught up with Sye, James and Sye’s family (who are kind of like my adoptive family!).
- Watched Game of Thrones Season 5 and Season 6.
- Published Did You Know? (Part 5 – Animals) blog post.
- Did the big shop.
- Had my eyes tested at Specsavers, got a new prescription and had the lenses put in my existing FCUK frames (as I still love them and they suit the shape my face).
- Had coffee out (twice) and lunch out (once) on my own, to have some me time.
- Went on my monthly man date, we had dinner out at a posh place.
- Ordered an Inspire Now Journal.
- Caught up on some of my housework.
- Finished reading Spellcraft for Hedge Witches by Rae Beth and reviewed it.
- Read Forever is the Worst Long Time by Camille Pagan and reviewed it.
- Watched a couple of episodes of the new season of Zoo (season 3).
- Started reading The Radleys by Matt Haig.
- Got my hair cut and coloured.
- Played some Sid Meier’s Civilization VI [Mac Code].
- Took a photo of a rainbow from my bedroom window, here’s the photo: