If you know anything about me, you’ll know that I’m an Author of four books:
There’s lots of metaphors about writing a book. They are in the main negative, describing it in ways such as it’s like pulling teeth. But that isn’t my experience. I love the whole process of writing a book, from the initial concept, to developing and fleshing out the idea, to the process of writing and editing it. Then finally sharing it with the world when I publish it internationally on Amazon, in as many formats as possible.
I am proud of each and every book that I’ve published, four in total so far. Each time I feel that it is the best work I have done to date and have no idea how I’m going to top it in the next book. But I always do.
Each of my books is unique and takes me on a wonderful journey of learning and growth. I liken it to being like what I imagine bringing a new born baby into the world is like. This sometimes makes them harder to sell, as they are all so different.
But sales is never the aim of producing these creative works. Maybe it should be? Maybe it shouldn’t? Whose to say? Right now, as long as I’m happy with the finished product, that’s good enough for me.
It will come as no surprise to you that I’m already working on my next book. Hopefully due out later this year (2024). Here’s a very early draft (subject to change in the editing process) of a small section I’ve just finished writing today:
It’s the first time I’ve ever shared some of my work this early in the creative process.
So what can I tell you about this mysterious 5th book I’m working on?
- Well it has a title and a finalised book cover.
- As you’ve probably guessed from the sample section above, it’s a book about the human body.
- It’s going to be aimed at Healthcare Professionals and anyone who wants to know more about the body.
- In this book I’m experimenting with using humour to bring the topic to life. Humorous writing is much more difficult than it sounds.
- I’ve also bought some Illustrations and a Commercial Licence for these from a rather brilliant Illustrator.
I don’t want to share any more than that right now. But I hope that’s peaked your interest in learning more about book number 5. More updates and information to follow soon.