|Years ago, I bought an Iomega StorCenter Home Media Server.
Iomega was bought out by Lenovo whom only offered limited support for Iomega products. I updated it a few years ago and since its never been able to connect over the Wifi, only by ethernet cable.
Then recently the Server started making hard drive failure sounds. It had all of my downloaded TV series and films on. So I decided it was time to update.
Instead of opting for another media server, I went for a WD My Passport (Yellow) 4TB (photoed above and below). Here’s the My Passport features:
- It’s Plug and Play, meaning that it doesn’t require its own power source but is instead powered through USB.
- It’s portable.
- It is made by Western Digital (WD) whom have an excellent reputation for making high quality hardware products.
- It comes in various hard drive sizes: 1TB, 2TB, 3TB & 4TB.
- It has a funky design.
- It comes in various colours: black, white, blue, red, yellow & orange.
- It runs silently.
- It is relatively cheap, available on Amazon for just under a £100 for a 4TB model.
- It has Built-in 256-bit AES Hardware Encryption meaning that you can set it so that a password is required for access. This feature cleverly allows someone to use the drive on any computer – even one that doesn’t have the WD software installed and without having to install any software.
- Auto Backup software is installed. Or you can use other software for backups including Apple’s Time Machine.
I decided because my new drive is portable that I wanted a solid case to protect it when not in use. I found this AmazonBasics Case:
If you’re looking for an external and portable hard drive to give yourself more disk space on your laptop or PC, I can highly recommend the WD My Passport (Yellow) 4TB on Amazon.
At the weekend, my mum, Kelly, my mum’s friend and her daughter went to see Matilda at Manchester Palace Theatre. We arrived before the matinee performance and had lunch out.
The songs were good, but the show lacked any defining and memorable songs. Usually in a musical there is at least one catchy and memorable song. For example in Wicked you have defying gravity. In The Rocky Horror Show you have Time Warp and Sweet Transvestite. In Sister Act you have Take Me To Heaven and Fabulous, Baby!
Overall Matilda was an enjoyable show for children and adults alike. Here are some photos:
|The Witch’s Bag of Tricks is not a book for the initiate or new Witch.
It’s a book for the knowledgeable and experienced Witch. Witches who’ve reached a learning plateau and were spells have began to lose their effectiveness. (We’ve all been there.)
In The Witch’s Bag of Tricks Marquis covers:
- Magickal Development
- The Difference between Charms, Spells & Rituals
- Positive Binding Magic
- Imitative Magick
- Prosperity Magick
- Love Magick
- Advanced Defense Magick
- Principles of Defensive Magic – Containing, Binding, Banishing & Shielding
- Mood-Lifting and Luck Magick.
Marquis’ writing style reminded me of one that you would read in a magazine. This made The Witch’s Bag of Tricks feel superficial.
This wasn’t helped by Marquis trying to cover a large number of topics in the one book. There were parts of the book I would have loved Marquis to explore in more detail.
Reading The Witch’s Bag of Tricks was a pleasure. It reinvigorated my love of learning in the Craft – which is no small achievement. It’s great to see a book on the market and aimed at practiced Witches. I hope to find other books like this.
So far I’ve found the following books useful for an experienced Witch: Advanced Witchcraft by Edain McCoy, Witchcraft: Theory and Practice by Ly De Angeles, Utterly Wicked: Curses, Hexes & Other Unsavory Notions by Dorothy Morrison.
The personal blog of a gay and pagan man living in the UK.
alcohol Amazon Apple BBC book review book reviews books christmas creative writing creativity depression diabetes facebook funny gay good times GP hetrosexual world Inspiration john barrowman London love Manchester Mental Health mental health issues mental health problems mum Music NHS pagan Paganism photos Reviews Simon Simon & Chrys Steve Sye The Gay UK TV twitter video videos writing youtube Yule
A great introductory article on candle magic :)
Hi Sofia, Thanks for the comment. I bought that in Glastonbury and he was a real find. I bought him…
Hi! I know this was posted ages ago and so a response may be rare but my dad has been…
Hi Ruth, Thanks for the comment. He might well have been. A x
Hi! Watching video and interviews with Charlie Watt, it had me wondering if he might have had Aspergers/ been on…
Antony Simpson is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.