I think it’s fair to say that although we all understand the necessity of lockdown, at the same time we’re all fed up of it. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. There is hope. Millions of people in the UK have already been vaccinated for COVID-19. The Government has a road map for easing restrictions and for allowing a return to normality.
I’ve already been lucky enough to have my first (of two) COVID-19 vaccinations.
With hope in mind, here’s a list of 5 things I’m looking forward to when lockdown finally ends:
- Hugs – With being single and social distancing rules, I can’t remember the last time I was hugged. It’s been a while. I’ll be glad to be able to hug family and friends once again.
- Getting my hair cut – Apparently my hair is beginning to resemble that of Boris Johnson’s. Next time I get it cut, I’m going super-short, just in case of future lockdowns.
- Getting out and about seeing people again – I miss seeing my friends. Messaging and phone calls just aren’t the same.
- Going out for a meal – I used to love to do lunch with friends. I can’t wait until the restaurants and pubs are back open for meals out again.
- No More Face Masks – I’m always forgetting my mask, they are uncomfortable and I just don’t like them. I know it’s a bit odd, me being a Nurse, but it’s the truth. I’ll be glad to say goodbye to them. I’m thinking of having fire ceremony and burning them all.