Review of 2010 Goals I set myself
I thought I’d review the goals I set for 2010 before I write my ones for 2011.
First off Health:
1. To get my diabetes under better control by testing my blood sugars at least twice a day.
2. To put on weight. (I know most people want to loose it, but I am 10 stone which is less than I weighed at 15 years old when I was 12 stone)
My blood sugars are under better control since I learn’t to cook during my brief excursion to Benidorm (see Welcome to Benidorm and Back Home). I’m still working on testing my blood sugars twice a day. I’ve also put on a bit of weight. I still need to test my sugars twice a day.
- Goal 1. partially completed.
- Goal 2. fully completed.
3. To complete a further two modules towards my degree.
I completed one module earlier on in the year (see Promoting and Influencing Health module results) and have just completed another module on Leadership. In the new year I need to complete my Dissertation module and complete a Change for Children module.
- Goal 3. completed!
4. To write three short stories.
5. To enter these short stories in Writing Competitions.
6. To read at least fourteen books.
7. To update/tweak/add & remove sections of my website. (as the rest of the site as been poorly maintained since the new site design)
I haven’t managed to do any creative writing this year. Although I have read a total of 14 Books (see Book List 2010). I just need to update it and add The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank, which I finished reading the other day – review coming soon, promise.
I also have updated the website, although it’s still a work in progress.
- Goal 4. and 5. not completed.
- Goal 6. and 7. completed.
Paganism & Spirituality:
Paganism & Spirituality
8. To host two psychic parties.
9. To buy Astral Projection for Beginners, read it and practice the exercises for more controlled astral projection.
10. Continue to work on invokation of Apollo.
11. Continue to follow Pagan Festivals.
I didn’t manage to host any psychic parties this year. I did buy Astral Travel for Beginners by Richard Webster but didn’t like his writing style and have not finished reading it. I have just ordered Astral Projection for Beginners by Edain McCoy as I like Edain’s writing style.
I have continued to follow Pagan Festivals but haven’t continue to work on invokation of Apollo.
- Goal 8., 9. and 10. not completed.
- Goal 11. completed.
12. Save regularly.
13. Pay off an Overdraft.
14. Live more frugally.
I haven’t managed to save regularly, pay off my overdraft or live more frugally. Indeed moving to and from Benidorm has increased my debt. However I have taken in a house mate to help pay off my debts quicker and am making good progress.
- Goal 12., 13. and 14. not completed.
And Finally, Travel
15. Book a holiday to MyKonos and save for it.
Didn’t quite get to MyKonos, but did get to Benidorm.
- Goal 15. not completed.
Although more goals were not completed than completed this year; I feel as though I have learned more this year than in the last two. My excursion to Benidrom taught me so much more than I realised at the time. Life sometimes gives opportunities for “life experience” learning. This life experience learning can’t be put on a goals list; as life decides when to offer these opportunities to you.
Will blog soon with my Goals for 2011 post!