|This is a general life update. As most of you will be aware my new book Mental Health Wisdom has been released. It was due to be released in May, but was moved forward due to the way Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing Works. I realised that it is also available on Amazon internationally. You can learn more here here.
The whole process of writing, editing and publishing the book has been a huge learning curve. It’s awesome to see my own work in print. I feel really happy and very proud of myself.
As I spent the end of last year and the beginning of this year working on my book, I’ve used the time since to catch up with family and friends. I’ve met with my mum and she’s shared her excitement about going to Thailand and Cambodia. My brother Shaun and his girlfriend are adding to our family. My brother Neil and his fiancee are excited about a move.
My friend Kay has shared her experiences from a recent trip to Australia. A family I’m close to (they have all but practically adopted me!) have shared stories of their children and grandchildren. My friend Sye shared that he has passed his theory driving test.
There’s been so much going on for the people that I love and it’s all positive. It is wonderful to hear.
My iPhone 6 Plus had fingerprints on the camera that no amount of lens cleaning would remove. The battery was beginning to die. This is the second iPhone I’ve had in two years and I really look after my stuff. So I decided to upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy S10+:
This phone is superb. The only annoyance is that often the fingerprint scanner doesn’t recognise my fingers. Here are some features on the phone:
- A massive screen.
- A long-lasting battery and fast charging.
- Three camera lenses on the back and two on the front.
- A sensor that can detect you heart rate, the oxygen saturation in your tissue and levels of stress.
- It was quick and easy to transfer my data (contacts, photos, music, calendars) from my iPhone to the S10+. In fact Samsung has an app that does it all for you.
- The settings make the phone highly customisable. You can download full themes, or just wallpapers and icons.
- All Apps available on iPhones are available in either the Google Play Store or Galaxy Store.
- It has plenty of RAM.
- A huge amount of storage, the amount customisation on order. It can also be extended by Micro SD.
- It can be wirelessly charged and can be used to wirelessly charge other devices.
- Has a headphone jack.
- Dual speakers that are really loud.
- Affordable accessories made by third parties.
- The list could go on.
I’ve planned and booked my annual leave off work until the end of January. I am in the process of make plans for my time off.
|I’ve been enjoying Star Trek Discovery on Netflix. I also watched After Life written by and staring Ricky Gervais.
After Life is a must watch. It’s about a man (Gervais) whose wife dies due to cancer. It is about how he deals with the loss and gets on the path to contentedness.
After Life is funny, pulls at your heart strings and is overall brilliant. The ending felt rushed, but the reasons for this are understandable.
Here’s a trailer:
Finally, I’ve recently had feedback from a 360° online anonymised questionnaire as part of a Leadership Programme at work. This questionnaire was sent to a wide range of people that I work with. I don’t discuss work on my blog. But I will say that it was hugely positive, with only a few minor areas for improvement. This affirms my beliefs that I am good at my job and perform well.