Here are five brilliant TED Talks about mental health:
1. Ruby Wax: What’s so funny about mental illness?
2. Elyn Saks: A tale of mental illness — from the inside
3. Eleanor Longden: The voices in my head
4. Mark Henick: Why we choose suicide
5. Kevin Breel: Confessions of a depressed comic
What’s interesting is that none of these speakers is British. I think we are too worried about the stigma. I’ve wrote a series of Mental Health Focus blog posts to help to #EndTheStigma around mental health and to encourage others to talk openly and honestly about their own mental health. Each week in January, I’ll be posting one of these Mental Health Focus blog posts.
How do you manage your own mental and emotional health? Leave a comment below.