Money bowls bring wealth to you and your home. They originate in Chinese culture and Feng Shui. The practice of money bowls has recently become popular among Witches, Pagans, Spiritualists and other groups in the UK.
Here is my money bowl:
Good items to put in a Money Bowl include:
- A green candle – The colour green being associated with money. (Interesting sidenote: in China the colour red is associated with wealth.)
- Rice – Due to its historic Chinese association with wealth.
- Cinnamon – Either sticks, ground Cinnamon or essential oil. Cinnamon is associated with money and abundance.
- Crystals – I’ve used a Citrine point. But you can also use green stones like Adventurine and Malachite. Loadstones are great for attraction (as they are naturally magnetic), if you have them.
- Bay Leaves – Associated with prosperity.
- Symbols of money or wealth – Including coins and notes of the currency.
- Chilli Flakes or Ginger – To give it a magical boost.
Making a money bowl is fun. But it’s important to not make it and then forget about it. Money bowls work by constantly feeding it your energy on a daily basis. So each day try to spend some time with it. Add items, talk to it, meditate with it, do whatever feels right.
It is inadvisable to take items out of your money bowl, as symbolically it is like subtracting wealth.
Every now and then you’ll need to refresh your money bowl to keep it being effective at drawing in the wealth.